Want to run this event in-house? Enquire about running this event in-house
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
Did you know that there is a statutory duty on schools to have arrangements in place to ensure they safeguard and promote the welfare of children in their care?
Keeping Children Safe in Education states that governing bodies and proprietors have a responsibility to ensure that they comply with their duties under legislation, have regard to guidance, ensure safeguarding policies procedures in their schools are effective, comply with the law at all times and should have a senior board level lead to take strategic leadership responsibility for their school’s wider safeguarding arrangements. KCSiE 2022 states governing bodies should ensure all governors and trustees receive appropriate safeguarding and child protection (including online) at induction, to equip them with the knowledge to provide strategic challenge to test and assure themselves that the safeguarding policies and procedures in place in school are effective and support the delivery of a robust whole school approach to safeguarding
Are you confident and assured that your governing board, management committee or trustees really understand what those responsibilities are with regard to:
- Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022
- Governance Handbook 2020 & Competence Framework
- Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018
- Staturory Framework for Early Years 2021
- Education Act 2002
- Education (Independent Schools Standards) Regulations 2014
- Non-Maintained Special Schools (England) Regulations 2015
- Inspecting Safeguarding in Early Years, Education and Skills Settings
This interactive course will help governors and nominated safeguarding leads understand their roles and responsibilities to ensure organisational compliance.
Available for delivery face to face or virtually via Zoom.
All attendees receive a Participation Certificate and Information Booklet.
Maximum of 20 attendees.
Who should attend this course?
This course has been developed for:
- Board members
- Management committees
- Nominated Safeguarding Governors
- Senior Leaders
- Designated Safeguarding Leads
- All others performing a governance role