Live online events
Schools and education settings share with others a duty to safeguard the children in their care. It is a statutory requirement that at least one member of a school recruitment panel must have undertaken safer recruitment training. It is also good practice to renew this regularly to learn from legislation changes and recent serious case reviews.
This virtual one day Safer Recruitment Consortium accredited course gives attendees the information and understanding they need to recruit safely and comply with relevant statutory guidance. It is suitable for MAT's, headteachers, school governors, the safeguarding team and all others involved in staff selection. Training is made up of different sections which allows for flexible delivery which can be tailored to fit around a standard school or inset day, weekends or outside of term time.
Attendees gain the skills they need to ensure that safeguarding is at the heart of their recruitment decisions. By the end of our one day course, participants will have:
- Identified key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- Considered policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
- Begun to review their own organisation’s policies and practices with a view to making them safe
The virtual workshop is delivered by Yvonne Sinclair, a registered accredited trainer with Safer Recruitment Consortium and all attendees will receive a Delegate Workbook.
The course content includes:
- Safer recruitment and the wider context of safeguarding
- Prevalence of abuse and profile of abusers
- How abusers operate within organisations
- Features of a safer recruitment process
- Planning a safer recruitment process
- Making the right decisions: interview and selection
- Setting acceptable standards of behaviour
- Maintaining an ongoing culture of vigilance
At the end of the training attendees are required to complete a standard assessment covering the course content. A Certificate of Attendance will be provided for all attendees who successfully complete the assessment.