This interactive course has been developed following the DfE Review of sexual abuse in school, Sexual violence and sexual harassment in schools 2021 and the updated KCSiE 2021.
The recommendations are that schools should have a whole school approach to identify, respond and address sexual harassment, online sexual abuse, sexual harassment and sexual violence.
This 2-hour whole school session will ensure staff and volunteers are better able to understand:
- The definitions of sexual harassment and sexual violence
- The early signs of peer-of-peer sexual abuse
- Why we must create a culture where sexual violence and sexual harassment will not be tolerated
- How to respond and to whom with a concern about harmful sexual behaviour
- How to support pupils who raise any concerns about harmful sexual behaviour
- The barriers that could prevent pupils reporting an incident
- Preventative measures on social media platforms to support staff and children with online choices
- and much more…..
It is available for onsite or virtual delivery and all attendees will receive a Participation Certificate.