Keeping Children Safe in Education states that governing bodies and proprietors should ensure that staff undergo regular updated safeguarding training, including online safety. Staff should be able to understand the unique risks associated with online safety and be confident that they have the relevant knowledge and up to date capability to keep children safe whilst they are online at school.
This interactive course has been developed in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education, Statutory Framework for Early Years, Teaching Online Safety in School, Relationships Education, Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) and Health Education etc.
This 2-hour whole school session will ensure staff and volunteers are better able to:
- Understand statutory legislation and best practice
- Recognise the importance of underpinning knowledge and behaviours
- Gain deeper understanding of risks & harms to pupils
- Consider technologies, games, websites & apps for 2021/2022
- Signpost to guidance and support
It is available for onsite or virtual delivery and all attendees will receive a Participation Certificate.
Optional extras to support compliance within Keeping Children Safe in Education
- Delegate online assessment which provides your mechanism to evidence your staff/volunteer understanding of the training content and their safeguarding responsibilities
- Access for the current academic year to a recorded video of the training for your school key stakeholders who were unable to attend the live session or for inclusion in your new staff safeguarding induction programme
- Access to a secure Slide Deck presentation and notes covering the content of the training. This presentation will support your trained Designated Safeguarding Lead to deliver inhouse key messages for those key stakeholders who were unable to attend the live session or for inclusion in your new staff safeguarding induction programme