Want to run this event in-house? Enquire about running this event in-house
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
**UPDATED in line with 2022 guidance** Keeping Children Safe in Education states that governing bodies and proprietors should ensure that staff undergo regular updated safeguarding training, including online safety. Staff should be able to understand the unique risks associated with online safety and be confident that they have the relevant knowledge and up to date capability to keep children safe whilst they are online at school.
This interactive course has been developed in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education, Statutory Framework for Early Years, Teaching Online Safety in School, Relationships Education, Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) and Health Education etc.
This 2-hour whole school session will ensure staff and volunteers are better able to:
- Understand statutory legislation and best practice
- Recognise the importance of underpinning knowledge and behaviours
- Gain deeper understanding of risks & harms to pupils
- Consider the latest technologies, games, websites & apps
- Signpost to guidance and support
It is available for onsite or virtual delivery and all attendees will receive a Participation Certificate.
The setting will receive an information booklet detailing links to all resources referred to throughout the training.
Optional extras to support compliance within Keeping Children Safe in Education
- Delegate online assessment which provides your mechanism to evidence your staff/volunteer understanding of the training content and their safeguarding responsibilities
- Access for the current academic year to a recorded video of the training for your school key stakeholders who were unable to attend the live session or for inclusion in your new staff safeguarding induction programme