Want to run this event in-house? Enquire about running this event in-house
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
This interactive course has been developed following the DfE Review of sexual abuse in school and the Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022.
The recommendations are that schools should have a whole school approach to identify, respond and address sexual harassment, online sexual abuse, sexual harassment and sexual violence.
This 2-hour whole school session will ensure staff and volunteers are better able to understand:
- The definitions of sexual harassment and sexual violence
- The early signs of peer-of-peer sexual abuse
- Why we must create a culture where sexual violence and sexual harassment will not be tolerated
- How to respond and to whom with a concern about harmful sexual behaviour
- How to support pupils who raise any concerns about harmful sexual behaviour
- The barriers that could prevent pupils reporting an incident
- Preventative measures on social media platforms to support staff and children with online choices
- and much more…..
It is available for onsite or virtual delivery and all attendees will receive a Participation Certificate.
The setting will receive an information booklet detailing links to all resources referred to throughout the training.
Optional extras to support compliance within Keeping Children Safe in Education
- Delegate online assessment which provides your mechanism to evidence your staff/volunteer understanding of the training content and their safeguarding responsibilities
- Access for the current academic year to a recorded video of the training for your school key stakeholders who were unable to attend the live session or for inclusion in your new staff safeguarding induction programme.